I agree with Rachel. This is a wonderfully charming little poem. It reminds me of Emily Dickinson in so many ways, in its succinctness, its vivid imagery, and its philosophical resonance. A gem in so many ways.
I might have mentioned a number of bizarre occurrences in the last few weeks, many related to my poems. So I dashed this one off. Have no idea where it came from. I’d actually started writing something else but this one arrived instead. I was at the cottage. We drove home that Sunday afternoon, to discover a housefly infestation in our house. Dozens and dozens of them. Never happened before. Next poem I write will hopefully be about finding a bag full of hundred dollar bills.
Charming! The more one reads the poem, the more one can read into it.
ReplyDeleteI invite you to read it as many times as you like.
DeleteI agree with Rachel. This is a wonderfully charming little poem. It reminds me of Emily Dickinson in so many ways, in its succinctness, its vivid imagery, and its philosophical resonance. A gem in so many ways.
ReplyDeleteI might have mentioned a number of bizarre occurrences in the last few weeks, many related to my poems. So I dashed this one off. Have no idea where it came from. I’d actually started writing something else but this one arrived instead. I was at the cottage. We drove home that Sunday afternoon, to discover a housefly infestation in our house. Dozens and dozens of them. Never happened before. Next poem I write will hopefully be about finding a bag full of hundred dollar bills.
DeleteInspiration comes in many forms.
ReplyDeleteIt appears the houseflies were inspired by my poem, not the other way around.
Delete