Sunday, August 9, 2026

Housefly

CLICK HERE TO HEAR AUTHOR READ


Insignificance buzzes 

Like housefly wings;

Beating its body

Against the tempered pane

As if another world beckons.



6 comments:

Rachel said...

Charming! The more one reads the poem, the more one can read into it.

Glen said...

I invite you to read it as many times as you like.

Ken Stollon said...

I agree with Rachel. This is a wonderfully charming little poem. It reminds me of Emily Dickinson in so many ways, in its succinctness, its vivid imagery, and its philosophical resonance. A gem in so many ways.

Glen said...

I might have mentioned a number of bizarre occurrences in the last few weeks, many related to my poems. So I dashed this one off. Have no idea where it came from. I’d actually started writing something else but this one arrived instead. I was at the cottage. We drove home that Sunday afternoon, to discover a housefly infestation in our house. Dozens and dozens of them. Never happened before. Next poem I write will hopefully be about finding a bag full of hundred dollar bills.

Ken Stollon said...

Inspiration comes in many forms.

Glen said...

It appears the houseflies were inspired by my poem, not the other way around.