Saturday, July 29, 2023

Dog Food Voiceover

CLICK HERE TO HEAR THE SONG


One time I did a voiceover

A TV ad for dog food

I was the voice of a dog 

As he scoured the neighbourhood

This dog he talks to himself 

Follows his nose down the street

Every lamp post and every hydrant

Reminding him of the people he'd meet

The skid row junkies

Sweet urine on concrete

Bowery Bums draining bottles

A tasty scrap of pre-chewed meat 

I live at the level of your feet

Where your soul hits the dirty street

Every dog sniffs out his dignity

In the corners of the city

People go about their business

Places they need to be

And sometimes a friendly hand

Reaches out to comfort me

Most people are good

At least that's what I've found

From following my nose 

Really close to the ground

Everyone has their troubles

But they mean well


That's what I can say

They mostly mean well. 


2 comments:

Ken Stollon said...

Jazzy, free-flowing, joyful, funny ... and I love the Tom Waits-inspired voice. This song adds a new dimension to your oeuvre. I like it a lot. Clearly you are having fun!

Glen said...

It was the answer to the question what happens to Glen when he’s left alone in the house by his wife for the weekend with a bottle of 12 year old scotch. Lol.