Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Exhibit A

CLICK HERE TO HEAR THE AUTHOR'S READING


am Exhibit A:

I make the case

for myself

and against myself

every day.

I make the case 

for love

and against love.

I make the case

for joy

and despair,

for truth 

and lies,

for reason 

and against reason

for passion 

and against passion,

for flesh

and for spirit,

for God

and against God.

It's not a trial

there's no defendant

or prosecutor,

no judge

no jury

and no law

there's just

Exhibit A

and a case made

every day

for and against

for and against

for and against.

2 comments:

Ken Stollon said...

Well done! I always thought this was the definition of a liberal: the ability to see both sides of every issue. It is certainly the hallmark of a man of great sensitivity.

B. Glen Rotchin said...

You may be right Kelp, but being for and against 'oneself' is pretty maddening. So back to Bukowski for a second, he may have a certain point that if you're not completely mad in this life, you have no soul.