Friday, September 16, 2022

All of the Above

CLICK HERE TO HEAR AUTHOR READ


You say I'm 

passiveaggressive 

and I say yeah

because I lovehate:

There's no such thing

as eitheror

everything's always 

all of the above

like the moon

in the sky

always there 

just brighter at midnight


the phenomenon 

is in every atom

the physicists call it

superposition

the cat is alivedead

and the best we can ever do 

is guesswork


gravity isn't a force 

it's warped spacetime

we've all felt it


life isn't like shifting gears

it's both

forwardreverse

blackwhite

goodbad

pastpresent

every virtue is also a vice

every sin a blessing

I am spiritflesh

I believedoubt in God


and when we make love 

I givetake

you takegive

the answer is

always

all of the above.

2 comments:

Ken Stollon said...

I love/love this poem! It's one of my favorites! It's got a great cadence to it and it's central idea is so, so true. When you put together your next book of poetry (I am waiting for this event daily!), this might be a good choice for the first page in the book, the lead-off batter. It's a hit!

B. Glen Rotchin said...

Funny kelp, I'm actually on the fence about this one (pun intended). But I'm super chuffed that you enjoyed it.