Wednesday, May 25, 2022

my flowers

CLICK HERE TO HEAR AUTHOR READ


what you see 

is what you see 

not what you see


what you read 

is what you read 

not what you read 


I am that I am 

that I am not

what you see

like me


like me

please

like me

please


for who I am 

for who I am not


for who 

I seem 

to be

to you


my garden grows

more beautiful 

than yours

 

my flowers

flower


and who are you

to know

who I am


who can know 

what is


if I matter

at all 

it's only because

someone once

said to me

as I say to you


the only words

you want 

to hear


you matter 

to me

for real.

3 comments:

Ken Stollon said...

Spring is here! It's the right time for a love poem entitled "my flowers". I like particularly the point in the poem where "like" changes meaning from like to like ... I like it!

Annetta said...

Beautiful.

Annetta said...

Beautiful poem.